eBay Lisiting Worksheet
Here is a free sample worksheet that you can fill out. It will gather the pertinent information for your eBay listing.
Remember, it will get easier the more you practice, practice, practice.
Auction title: _______________________________
80 characters – no punctuation – capitalize first letter of each word – NO ALL CAPS
Auction Subtitle_______(I don’t generally use this feature- extra cost)
Auction: ______________Duration: 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 days________
Fixed Price: ______________ Duration: Good ‘Till Cancelled:_____
Starting Price __________ (If auction, the lowest price you will take)
Buy It Now Price________ (Make this a bit higher, and entice buyers who don’t want to wait out an auction. This BIN price will disappear after one bid had been made, except in the clothing and some other categories. In those categories the BIN price will disappear once 50% of minimum bid is reached by bidders)
Fixed Price ____________ (You can start a bit higher, and add a MAKE AN OFFER also known as BEST OFFER to the listing. You can accept someone’s offer, decline or counter an offer. Some people will lowball you, but always counter in those cases. If you want a sure bet, accept their original offer because some people will be scared off when you counter their offer.)
Reserve Price ____ (I don’t use this feature-It makes some people angry!)
PayPal?______Other?________ Local Pick-up Only ________
Do not ship item until you have received payment!
USA only: ______________________________________
(It’s not as difficult as one might imagine. Start with countries you feel comfortable with like perhaps Canada and England.)
Global Shipping Program: _____________________________ Exclude Countries: _________________________________
- You ship to an eBay US address, the buyer pays international rates.
- It’s just like shipping to US buyers, eBay handles the rest for you! Easy!
Weight of item (in box):______________________________
Dimensions of box: length______ x height_______ x width______
- First Class Mail: (under 13 ounces): ____________________________________________
- Priority Mail: (1 pound or over): ____________________________________________
- Media Mail: (books & media – no advertising in matter) ____________________________________________
- UPS or Fed Ex Ground: (larger, heavier items) ____________________________________________
Special Shipping Instructions: ________________________________________________________________________________________
Will you ship in 1 day? 2 days? 3 days? _________________________________________
Time Frame?_______________________ (see options on eBay)
You can set up to incorporate your shipping and handling time together with type of mail service.
Fill in the blank templates on eBay to meet your preferences.
Time Saving Tip
Use the Calculated Shipping option, and you can never go wrong. The buyer will see what the cost is on their screen, depending on their zip code and yours (the seller’s location). Just fill in box size and weight and eBay does the rest.
Known Costs (go to USPS.com to see current rates)
Flat Rate Small Box________________________________
Flat Rate Medium Box______________________________
Flat Rate Large Box________________________________
Flat Rate Padded Envelope _________________________
Flat Rate Envelope_________________________________
- If it fits in one of the above, same cost for anywhere in the USA. A great way to learn how much to charge for shipping!
- You can order online at USPS.com or pick-up at local post office.
Condition of Item
(Circle one): New, Like New, Very Good, Good, Acceptable
(Be very accurate and honest!) ________________________________________________________________________________________
(Use bullet points or short paragraphs so it reads well!)_________________________________________
Model or Brand:__________________________________ Year:_________________________________________
Weight of item (no box):_________________________ pounds ________________________________________ ounces
- I put this info in my description for reference
- I make a practice of weighing and measuring most of the items I list, except things like CD’s or DVD’s.
Measurements of item
Length:________x Width:________x Height:________(inches)
Other info you may consider adding into description if it can help the buyer make an informed decision.
Origin or history of item: ________________________________________________________________________________________
Uses of item:____________________________________
Target group for selling item:__________________________
Comes with original box/packaging?________________________________________________________________________________________
Comes with instructions or manual?________________________________________________________________________________________
Misc. Info on item: ________________________________________________________________________________________
For Your Records
- Price you paid for item:______________________________
- Date you purchased:________________________________
- Original Owner of Item: (if not you)_______________________
- Where you purchased: ______________________________
- Goal: Prepare a new eBay listing
- Task: Fill in the blanks for each new item
- Task: Practice, practice, practice
- Task: You can do this!